Round Up: Packaging
Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Premium drinks supplier McLaren Packaging has invested £3 million in the construction of a new facility in Stirling, Scotland for subsidiary Blue Box Design, the specialist designer and manufacturer of bespoke presentation boxes for the UK food and drink sectors.
- Frugalpac, creator of the first recyclable coffee cup, has announced the launch of its new Frugal Carton.
- With the Expo FoodTec Pavilion and its new Content Hub, this year’s Food ingredients Europe is set to offer a vast range of packaging, machinery, processing and consultancy services.
- In commemoration of its 180th anniversary, tea brand Tetley has teamed up with Crown Aerosols and Specialty Packaging Europe to create a limited edition celebration tin.
- UK manufacturer of specialist dairy products BV Dairy has begun contract packaging after signing a new long term contract to produce bottled kefir cultured milk drinks.
- In response to the growing demand for premium mixers, tonic brand Schweppes has announced a new investment which includes the launch of a premium skittle-shaped bottle.
- Packaging company AR Packaging is to close two carton plants in Russia and Finland in a move which will affect 150 employees.