Round Up: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at email@example.com.
- New research from Mintel reveals that over three in five (62%) Brits who buy butter, spread, oil and fat say they are frying less food at home now compared to a few years ago, while 43% say they are buying fewer bread products and 42% say they are baking less at home.
- IOI Loders Croklaan Europe is to launch a chocolate filling fat that reduces saturated fatty acid (SAFA) content by 30%, while maintaining texture stability and a cool-melting effect, later this month.
- Fruit and vegetable ingredients supplier SVZ has announced its commitment to 100% sustainable sourcing by 2030 by signing the Sustainable Juice Covenant.
- IOI Loders Croklaan Europe has launched Presdough 270 SB, a shea-based palm oil alternative for use in bakery products.
- In response to growing consumer demand for simple, familiar ingredients, Cargill is launching a portfolio of functional native starches under the new SimPure brand. The product line will be available worldwide.
- In recent years a trend for healthier lifestyles has emerged and consumers have become increasingly aware of the ingredients in their food and drinks.
- EHL Ingredients has expanded its range of certified gluten-free herbs and spices in response to increasing consumer demand for free from food products.