The doors have closed on this year’s Natural & Organic Products Europe – Europe’s biggest trade show for natural, organic, fair trade, free-from, vegan, vegetarian and healthy living brands.
From 19-20 April, more than 10,000 attendees are thought to have visited the show, which took place at ExCeL, London and featured around 600 exhibitors from around the world.
This year marked the show’s biggest edition yet, with thousands of new natural and organic products showcased. Split into three show sections – Natural Health & Living, Natural Beauty & Spa and The Natural Food Show – I was, of course, there to take a look at what the food element had to offer.
With well known brands such as M&S, Waitrose, Ocado, Tesco, Aldi, Sainsbury’s and Co-op all in attendance, the event provided exhibitors an opportunity to meet with thousands of local and international buyers and retailers in order to show off their products – and the buyers shouldn’t have been disappointed with the array of food and drink on offer; browsing the stands, I saw everything from pomegranate sauce (Rodi Hellas – Pom Star) and coconut jam (Coconut Merchant) to raw kale crisps (Inspiral Visionary Products) and olive leaf soft drinks (Ovio Wellness).
My particular highlights were:
- New Panda Softies from Bravura Foods. The black liquorice bars feature a liquid centre with strawberry flavour, which bursts in the mouth. The company was also showcasing its newly redesigned Freedom Mallows – the only vegan marshmallow in the UK
- Newcomer The Coconut Company, which officially launched its business at this year’s show. The company supplies raw, natural and organic coconut products, including coconut oil, milk powder, sugar, nectar, flour, vinegar, frozen coconut meat and raw coconut macaroons
- The first chilled hemp desserts, available from Triballat Noyal’s brand Sojade. The free-from range includes two variants: Raspberry and Strawberry with Bifidus; and Chocolate
- Granny’s Secret UK’s newly launched Fruit and Honey Spreads. The range of fruit mixed with acacia honey and nothing else features orange, raspberry and blackcurrant varieties. The company also exhibited its Ayvar – organic smoky roasted red pepper spread
- NewTreeVitalise Birch Water, which was launched at the show by Astera Natural. The 100 per cent natural, undiluted and unsweetened birch tree sap contains vitamins, minerals and micronutrients, making it nature’s own energy drink, brewed inside a tree. It is available in original, mint infusion and lemon infusion flavours.
With the buzzword ‘superfood’ being heard at the majority of the stands, the products on show at this year’s Natural & Organic Products Europe will no doubt thrive in the current health-conscious market.