Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news, next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at email@example.com.
- A clear carrot juice range has been launched by fruit and vegetable ingredient supplier SVZ.
- In an attempt to tackle the problem of watery cottage cheese, Arla Foods Ingredients has developed a new clean label protein solution, which is simply added to the dressing (cream) that is combined with the curds to make cottage cheese.
- Synergy Flavours has added a new variant of its core Madagascan vanilla extract to its range of vanilla flavours.
- APSS Plus is Sensient Flavors’ new flavouring to compensate for the sensory drawbacks that occur when sugar is reduced in beverages.
- Wild Flavors and Specialty Ingredients has introduced beer mix concepts inspired by popular long drinks and cocktails.
- Just over a third of consumers in the US, China, Brazil, Spain and Germany have increased their consumption of sugared dairy products over the last three years, reports DSM.
- Protein content is fast becoming one of the key areas of activity in new product development in the food and drinks industry.