Here is your roundup of the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on the latest processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Rodney Jack at email@example.com or Kat Skeates at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paulig, owner of the Santa Maria brand, has worked together with Flextrus, a member of AR Packaging, to develop packaging which protects its tortilla products while minimising its environmental impact.
- Smurfit Kappa has created a sustainable packaging solution for a Portuguese grape producer.
- An environmental lifecycle assessment (LCA) has found that single-use beverage cartons compare favourably with reusable glass bottles – and outperform single-use PET bottles – across the fresh milk, juice and UHT milk market segments.
- GEA will launch its redesigned high-speed vertical packaging machine GEA SmartPacker TwinTube at PackExpo (booth LS-5905) in Las Vegas, USA from September 23-25, 2019.
- Waitrose & Partners is launching coloured packaging made from recycled plastic for its ready meals.