Here is your roundup of the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on the latest processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Rodney Jack at [email protected] or Kat Skeates at [email protected]
- Paulig, owner of the Santa Maria brand, has worked together with Flextrus, a member of AR Packaging, to develop packaging which protects its tortilla products while minimising its environmental impact.
- Smurfit Kappa has created a sustainable packaging solution for a Portuguese grape producer.
- An environmental lifecycle assessment (LCA) has found that single-use beverage cartons compare favourably with reusable glass bottles – and outperform single-use PET bottles – across the fresh milk, juice and UHT milk market segments.
- GEA will launch its redesigned high-speed vertical packaging machine GEA SmartPacker TwinTube at PackExpo (booth LS-5905) in Las Vegas, USA from September 23-25, 2019.
- Waitrose & Partners is launching coloured packaging made from recycled plastic for its ready meals.