Toluna unveils package design testing tool
Digital consumer insights provider Toluna has announced the launch of PowerPack, its new automated tool developed to provide marketers with relevant consumer feedback on package design concepts.
Effective packaging is an essential part of product marketing and sales, Toluna says. While general packaging trends can inform decisions, real-time insights from precise consumer segments are invaluable when determining the most effective packaging for a product both in function and aesthetics.
Speed to market is critical for new package design testing, as these decisions widely impact subsequent processes, including marketing, shipping and storage.
PowerPack’s automated survey creation process enables users to run package tests to understand the overall strengths and weaknesses of their package concepts, the company says.
Phil Ahad, senior vice president, digital products, says, “In today’s hyper competitive marketplace, getting products to market is critical, but so is having those products in packages that grab attention and provide functional benefits to the end consumer.
“We designed PowerPack to provide marketers with the easiest way to validate what their target consumers like or dislike about a packaging concept well before valuable resources are spent on production and the products land on the shelf.”
According to Toluna, the benefits of PowerPack include:
• The study design which is templated, but offers flexibility
• Monadic package testing ensures that survey respondents provide un-biased feedback, as they’ve not been pre-exposed to prior concepts
• Users can select the precise respondent profiles for testing packages; ensuring feedback is coming from consumers most likely to purchase the product
• Timed exposure tests consumer recall and the package’s ability to ‘stand out’ on the shelf
• Results are available in real-time and easily analysed using Toluna’s data analysis and visualisation platform.