Power of free
Qwrkee Foods' Pea M'lk won Product of the Year
Free From Functional & Health Ingredients (FFF&HI) broke records when it welcomed more than 7,800 key buyers and decision-makers to Barcelona from 28 to 29 May.
Now in its seventh year, a 52% increase in visitor numbers reflects the dynamic growth and development of the global free-from market.
Five things to know about FFF&HI
- Core areas include free-from, vegan, natural and organic, functional and health ingredients across four conference stages.
- Analysis shows an increase in sales of free-from foods across Europe in the past year, and a 133% growth of the free-from market in the UK since FFF&HI began, in 2013.
- Trends driving the sector are sensory experiences, clean-label products, and raw materials.
- Winners of the Product of the Year Awards – which recognise cutting-edge free-from food and drink products launched in the past year – were:
- Product Of The Year Award: Qwrkee Foods – Pea M’LK
- Best New Brand: I am Bart’s – Vegan Nutrition Bites
- Free-From Plastics Packaging: EncajaBio
FFF&HI will return for its eighth edition in Amsterdam from 23 to 24 June 2020.
Free-from is here to stay. Free-from seems to have become synonymous in the public eye with health, wellness and sustainability and those striving to be more responsible for future generations. Food manufacturers who answer this call will have no trouble finding an opening in their market.