lunch! returns to ExCel London
Showcasing exciting new innovations from across the café, coffee shop and food-to-go sector, lunch! returns to ExCel London 19-20 September 2019.
This year’s is expected to be a record-breaking edition, featuring more new products, more exhibitors, more speakers and more seminars. Attendance is also expected to reach over 7,000, with its annual visitors regularly including major high-street operators, convenience stores, supermarkets and contract caterers.
The future’s here
Scores of exhibitors have shared details of what’s new from them (with many launching officially to the UK trade at the show):
- Radnor Hills is launching a new 330ml can format for its pure spring water
- Mindful Bites’ new Veganettone (vegan panettone) range is available in Classic, Chocolate and Mixed Berries flavours
- Hullabaloo’s new Nutty Munch chocolate bars, with 75% less sugar, are sweetened with chicory root fibre and natural erythritol
- Lord Sandwich’s new Full-Wrap is a gluten-free, whole protein tortilla made from red lentils
- Liteez by Matok V’kal is a (patent pending) plant-based, meringue kiss cookie/sweetener, which can dissolve in hot drinks or be eaten
- The Savourists’ savoury slice snacks are packed with bursts of Sundried tomato, basil and rosemary or Black olive and nori seaweed
- DBoost Drinks’ new fat-free milk and natural juice drink contains 100% NRV of Vitamin D
- Gut Instinct’s Barista Edition Milk alternatives (in Oat, Almond, Coconut and Soya) are designed specifically to work well in tea and coffee
- Kinoko Kombucha’s low sugar soft drinks (including new Citrus Hop Kinoko) are made in Yorkshire with rainforest alliance green tea
- Qwrkee Foods’ Probiotic Puffs – said to be the world’s first probiotic snack, boast over 1 billion live bio cultures in every serving
- Re:Nourish’s grab and go, plant-based soup range comes in a ‘game-changing’ re-heatable, fully recyclable bottle and can be eaten/drunk hot or cold
And that’s just from some of the show’s 400 exhibiting companies, 70 of which are brand new to the show for 2019.
Big name keynotes
lunch! offers an invaluable opportunity to hear expert insights, business strategies and advice from some of the biggest names in the business. There are 30+ free sessions to enjoy (exclusive keynotes, interviews, research updates and panel discussions) in three show theatres; including the new Coffee Shop Keynote Theatre.
The speaker line-up already includes: Marta Pogroszewska, managing director of Gail’s Bakery; Hannah McKay, head of food & beverages UK & Ireland at Caffé Nero; Hannah Squirrell, customer and marketing director at Greggs; Kate Nicholls, chief executive of UKHospitality; Alex Young, CEO of pod food; Josh Brown, head of coffee & commercial development at Harris & Hoole; Ollie Rosevear, head of environment at Costa Coffee; Said Takhamt, CEO of Cojean; Arnaud Kaziewicz, director of food & beverage at EAT.; Martyn Clover, head of food at Tortilla; James Kidman, head of food at Crussh; and Aggie Morrell, head of food at pod food.