Reflex Group launches lined board division of packaging products
UK based packaging company Reflex Group has launched a lined board division to complement its existing packaging offering, and to provide a more environmentally friendly alternative to plastic packaging.
Grouped under the newly-formed Pack Plus division, the lined board products are suitable for a wide variety of sectors including, MFP (Meat, Fish & Poultry), food-to-go, fresh produce, bakery and horticulture.
Product variants include skillets, trays, fruit punnets, flat boards, slide seam sleeves, cartons, crash-lock cartons and wrap boxes.
The main features of Reflex Pack Plus, according to Reflex Group, are:
- An environmentally responsible alternative to plastic trays, using up to 90% less plastic (including skin film reduction)
- Competitively priced and cost-effective
- 100% recyclable board and film when separated
- Compostable adhesive for EN13432 packaging
- Multicoloured 2-sided print and foiling
- Multiple lamination construction options using board, film & paper in innovative solutions
- Unique board structure that’s both lightweight and rigid
- Environmentally & Vegan-friendly water-based inks and board adhesive solutions
- FSC & PEFC certified boards
- High-barrier lined for maintained shelf-life
- Emboss and de-boss technology
- Alternative “dispersion coated” board options for plastic-free sealing later
The sustainable lined board options use FSC & PEFC accredited carton board, and more importantly its proprietary zero migration water-based inks and adhesives which are the hallmarks of this truly revolutionary technological advancement in recyclable packaging, says the company. As a member of OPRL, Reflex is able to align packaging specifications to meet the requirements for recycling, which in turn helps to deliver the circular economy.
The launch follows Reflex’s biggest ever single investment into two new state-of-the-art bespoke lined-board printing presses totalling over £5 million, which offer innovative printing capabilities such as 7 colour front/reverse print, in-line foil capability and a combination of board, film and paper lamination possibilities.
The Pack Plus division is headed up by Jamie Gordon, who has 25-years’ experience in the packaging industry. Jamie began his career in production, moving to technical sales and account management. He later became a category specialist in MFP and has been a Director in sales for eight years.
The Pack Plus products themselves have been created by innovations manager Kevin Dudman, who has been working in the packaging & retail industry for the past 40 years and is passionate about discovering new, innovative and sustainable packaging solutions for Reflex’s growing portfolio of clients.
Jamie Gordon said: “Reflex seeks to be on the forefront of innovation and is dedicated to providing sustainable and cost-effective packaging solutions for our clients. With many businesses setting print sustainability and environmental demands high on their agendas for 2021, we’re excited to launch the Pack Plus range of products that offer a realistic, sustainable and cost-effective alternative to a huge range of sectors.”
Now operating out of 18 production sites across the UK, Reflex Group produces a varied and wide range of products from self-adhesive labels, linerless labels, flexible packaging, labelling systems & software, artwork & design, and more.
For more information about Pack Plus, visit: www.reflexlabels.co.uk/service/lined-board-reflex-pack-plus.