Here is your roundup for the latest ingredients news. Next week’s roundup will focus on packaging.
To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Rodney Jack at [email protected].
- The Sustainable Food Trust has said that, in order to reduce associated rainforest destruction, UK livestock farmers could use more local alternatives to soya and palm kernel meal, and consumers would do better to switch to cows milk.
- According to data from Innova Market Insights’ Global New Product Introductions report, almonds maintained their top spot as number one nut in new product innovations in Europe, for the fifth year running.
- Arla Foods Ingredients has launched the first ever organic micellar casein isolate, helping manufacturers meet demand for organic, natural and functional protein products.
- KTC Edibles Ltd has launched Palmax IP – a fully-traceable, Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) certified palm oil.
- Gold&Green, the Nordic company behind plant-based protein Pulled Oats, has released a new ingredient range for manufacturers in the vegan market.