Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonoco has introduced TruVue Can, an alternative to the traditional metal can.
- The Tomatin Distillery has revealed its new rebranded core range of single malt whiskies, which includes a variety of different ages and wood styles to suit all tastes.
- Story’s range of sparkling fruit pressés has been given a new look, courtesy of Beatson Clark.
- A lidding solution for capsules being used in a new tea machine has been designed and manufactured by Clondalkin Flexible Packaging Bury.
- Polish producer of mayonnaise, mustards and sauces WSP Spolem has selected the Euro Squeeze barrier bottle from RPC Promens Consumer Corby for its range of products.
- The overall recycling rate for aluminium beverage cans in the European Union, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland has increased by 1.8% to a new record level of 71.3% in 2013.
- Mintel has announced six key trends set to impact global packaging markets in 2016, including implications for both consumers and brands.