Entries open for Sustainable Food Awards 2019
Entries are now open for this year’s Sustainable Food Awards. The Sustainable Food Awards are the only international awards dedicated to sustainability in the food industry. Organised by Ecovia Intelligence (formerly known as Organic Monitor), the aim of the Sustainable Food Awards is to give recognition to operators that are helping build a sustainable food industry.
There are five categories:
- New Sustainable Product: a new food/beverage product with some evidential sustainability credentials.
- Sustainable Ingredient: a new ingredient that makes a sustainable difference in terms of environmental and/or social impact.
- Sustainable Packaging: a new packaging format that has low environmental footprint in terms of design and/or materials.
- Sustainability Pioneer: an operator in the food industry that is a pioneer/leader in some aspect of sustainability.
- Sustainability Leadership: an operator that leads in various aspects of sustainability.
The awards are open to all types of operators in the food industry, including food and beverage brands, ingredient firms, packaging companies, industry associations, and related organisations who are helping build a sustainable food industry.
The closing date for entries is 30th April, the finalists will be notified by 17th May, and the eventual winners at a dedicated awards reception on 13th June in Amsterdam. The awards reception will be presented as part of the 11th European edition of the Sustainable Foods Summit. Winners and finalists will benefit from media coverage and industry recognition of their sustainability achievements.