Here is your roundup for the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on processing.
- ULMA Packaging UK has recently developed a more sustainable Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) solution for low-height sliced products like meat and cheese (pictured above).
- Graphic Packaging International has partnered with Estrella Damm to replace 100% of its plastic shrink wrap packaging with paperboard alternatives on multipack cans.
- With brands and retailers increasingly offering refillable packaging as alternatives to single use models, OPRL is launching a new labelling range to support consumers in adopting new behaviours.
- GEA has launched the latest version of its SKIN thermoforming packaging technology: PowerPak SKIN.50.
- Molson Coors in the UK is removing plastic rings and introducing a fully recyclable cardboard sleeve for can multipacks across all its major brands.