Frozen food industry crowns People Awards winners
The frozen food industry has recognised the stand-out individuals and teams of the frozen food industry in the British Frozen Food Federation’s annual People Awards.
Returning after an incredibly successful inaugural year, the awards have seen some new additions and category updates with a view to recognising the unsung heroes that are driving the 4% industry growth.
The awards received entries from both retail and foodservice businesses, with the overall winners being selected from 14 categories that covered both individual and team efforts.
Commenting on this year’s award winners, John Hyman, chief executive of BFFF said: “Following such a successful launch year, it was great to see so many companies within the frozen food industry engaging in these awards for a second year and helping us champion the incredible talent that can be found across all areas of our industry.
“The frozen food industry has set itself a £10bn growth target, and is currently the fastest growing category in retail at +3.6% and we need this continued level of talent from our frozen food superstars to continue to drive the industry forward in its success.
“The introduction of new categories to this year’s awards has allowed a light to be shone on even more successful individuals and initiatives across the industry, covering innovation, sustainability and creativity and everyone who has picked up an award tonight should be incredibly proud of their achievements.”
The full list of winners:
- Charity & Community Champion – Lisa Hayes, Apetito
- Supply Chain/Logistics Team of the Year – Keepak Foodservice Solutions
- Unsung Hero of the Year – Mark Hardy, Apetito
- Development Champion – Zoe Beauvoisin, Apetito
- Operations Manager of the Year -Thomas Hunt, Hunts Foodservice
- Business Transformation of the Year – Adam Smith, Iceland Manufacturing Ltd
- Customer Champion – Naz Haq, Bidfood
- Marketer of the Year – Claire Hoyle, Birds Eye
- Innovation of the Year – Innovation Team, Bidfood
- Purchaser of the Year – Rachel Hartwell, Bidfood
- Technical Champion – Kelly Orme, Caterforce
- Healthy and Safety Champion – Rob Ironmonger, Greenyard
- Rising Star – Daniel Morris, Billington Foodservice
- Rising Star Apprentice of the Year – Alina Solomka, Iceland
- Judges’ Special Award – Declan Crofts, Barnsley College
The awards were rounded off with the presentation of a Lifetime Achievement Award to Stephen Waugh, BFFF past President, for his contribution to the frozen food industry over his career.
All entries were judged by a six-strong judging panel of experts from across the food and drink and HR industries: Vince Craig, BFFF board member, Alison Cannon, founding partner, Resonate Search & Selection, Nick Downing, IGD commercial director and Cheryl Bennett, director, Pelican Communications. They were joined by 2018 People Awards winners Ginny Durdy of The Ice Co. (Marketer of the Year) and Jane Marren of Company Shop (Commercial Champion).