Image courtesy of Bunge Loders Croklaan
Here is your roundup for the latest ingredients news. Next week’s roundup will focus on packaging.
- DolCas Biotech has added to its portfolio of better-for-you botanicals with a new, highly concentrated all-natural ginger root extract.
- Scentium, the flavour division of the Iberchem Group, has announced the launch of a new production centre in Tunis, Tunisia.
- Bunge Loders Croklaan is raising the standard in chocolate confectionery with the launch of Karibon, the company’s first shea-only premium Cocoa Butter Equivalent.
- A national survey conducted by Marketplace for BioNeutra North America shows that taste is King for US consumers seeking to purchase sweetener products.
- People had been purchasing chestnuts before the festive period had even begun – which reflects an appetite to incorporate them into all sorts of dishes, not just nut roasts.
- GES has announced the completion of South Africa’s first dedicated hemp and cannabis extraction facility serving food, beverage and pharmaceutical markets.
- Beneo has announced the launch of its new pre-cooked functional native rice starch.