SIG's SIGNATURE aseptic carton
Here is your roundup for the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on processing.
- Ineos Styrolution, together with Ferrero, is looking to develop a process to convert complex plastic waste back to fully recyclable materials that comply with food contact regulations.
- SIG has now sold over 150 million packs with its award-winning SIGNATURE, the world’s first aseptic carton packaging material linked up to 100% to renewable materials.
- Siemens and packaging machinery manufacturer T Freemantle have developed an innovative range of solutions specifically for the global craft brewery market.
- The latest figures on beverage carton recycling in the EU have exceeded 50% for the first time.
- Banrock Station, the eco-friendly wine brand from Accolade Wines, is releasing the first flat bottle made from 100% recycled plastic into UK supermarkets.