Here is your roundup for the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on processing.
- AR Packaging has announced the launch of Ecoflex – its 100% recyclable mono polyethylene film for thermoforming that provides a sustainable alternative to PA-based materials.
- Mondi and Unilever have jointly developed a recyclable, paper-based packaging solution for Unilever’s Colman’s brand to reduce the amount of plastic and aluminium used.
- Tetra Pak and Stora Enso have announced a partnership, following a comprehensive feasibility study, which sees the introduction of a large-scale carton repulping line at Stora Enso’s Ostrołęka production unit in Poland.
- Ball Corporation is planning to build new plants in Western Russia and the East Midlands, UK, adding billions more cans per year to its existing capacity.
- Switzerland-based Selig Flexibles has testing underway to achieve even greater recyclability for its flexible packaging films.