Here is your roundup for the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on processing.
- Theegarten-Pactec has developed a “suction supported sealing” process for the sustainable packaging of chocolate products.
- Amcor, global leader in packaging, has launched its Eco-Tite® R in Europe, the first recyclable shrink bag for fresh and processed meat, poultry and some cheeses.
- ULMA Packaging UK is stressing the importance of flow wrapper technology for food manufacturers working with minced meat as part of its campaign for its own sustainable trayless minced meat packaging.
- PepsiCo has committed to eliminating all virgin plastic from its Pepsi brand beverage bottles sold in nine European Union markets by 2022.
- Britain’s first fully plastic-free and recyclable lid-free takeaway cup, the ButterflyCup, is being unveiled today at Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) centres across the UK.