Round Up: Packaging
Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Coca-Cola Company has announced its intention to collect and recycle 100% of its packaging by 2030.
- Ball Corporation has partnered with Spanish water brand Aguas Minerales de Firgas to produce aluminium cans for its new range of Sou Tea and Sou Tonic drinks.
- Ambitious plans for a greener future have been outlined by UK prime minister Theresa May and environment secretary Michael Gove, including a pledge to eliminate avoidable waste.
- Axion has launched a new Design for Recycling service to help increase the recyclability of plastic packaging.
- Ball Corporation is adding a 15cl slim can format to its range of beverage packaging options in Europe.
- British food tech company It’s Fresh! has secured a $10 million (£7.63m) investment and has entered into a commercial agreement with AgroFresh Solutions.
- Global packaging company Sonoco has introduced its SoftPeel membrane, a new closure option for cans.