Round Up: Packaging
Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Michelle Maynard at email@example.com.
- International sandwich shop chain Pret a Manger is this week launching a reusable cup for customers to purchase in shops nationwide, allowing them to benefit from a 50p discount in store.
- Following the introduction of the Soft Drinks Industry Levy, more commonly known as the sugar tax, Britvic has launched explanatory messaging on its shrink-wrapped pallets.
- Metal packaging hygiene product MySip, is seeking a business partner to help place its product onto the market.
- Under the coordination of its Sustainability Committee, the World Packaging Organisation (WPO) is releasing a Position Paper about packaging in a circular economy.
- A Plastic Free Trust Mark has been launched in a move that is hoped will revolutionise how shoppers buy their food and drink.
- According to Sagentia, a Science Group company, reducing the amount of plastic waste generated by the food and beverage industry requires a cohesive approach that openly acknowledges the complexity of the issue.