Wooden bowls with different types of flour on table; Shutterstock ID 669566476. Image courtesy of Omya.
Here is your roundup for the latest ingredients news. Next week’s roundup will focus on packaging.
To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Rodney Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Rivers at email@example.com.
- Marine ingredient start-up Yemoja Ltd is developing a red microalgae discovery for medium-rare plant-based burgers and steaks that adds authentic “bloody” juiciness.
- Omya, global producer of mineral ingredients, has developed an anti-caking agent for safe and easy powder handling and processing.
- South American ingredients brand SIMPLi has received certification from the Regenerative Organic Alliance, a group of experts formed to promote the highest standards for agriculture around the world.
- Cargill is committing to remove industrially produced trans-fatty acids, iTFAs, from its entire global edible oils portfolio, complying with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) best practice.
- FoodTech start-up B.T. Sweet Ltd has unveiled Cambya, a plant-based, one-to-one drop-in sugar replacer for multiple food applications.
- Beneo has announced a multi-million investment programme for the coming years to expand capacity for its prebiotic chicory root fibre production sites in Pemuco, Chile and Oreye, Belgium.