Wooden bowls with different types of flour on table; Shutterstock ID 669566476. Image courtesy of Omya.
Here is your roundup for the latest ingredients news. Next week’s roundup will focus on packaging.
- Marine ingredient start-up Yemoja Ltd is developing a red microalgae discovery for medium-rare plant-based burgers and steaks that adds authentic “bloody” juiciness.
- Omya, global producer of mineral ingredients, has developed an anti-caking agent for safe and easy powder handling and processing.
- South American ingredients brand SIMPLi has received certification from the Regenerative Organic Alliance, a group of experts formed to promote the highest standards for agriculture around the world.
- Cargill is committing to remove industrially produced trans-fatty acids, iTFAs, from its entire global edible oils portfolio, complying with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) best practice.
- FoodTech start-up B.T. Sweet Ltd has unveiled Cambya, a plant-based, one-to-one drop-in sugar replacer for multiple food applications.
- Beneo has announced a multi-million investment programme for the coming years to expand capacity for its prebiotic chicory root fibre production sites in Pemuco, Chile and Oreye, Belgium.