Here is your roundup for the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on processing.
- Italian Fabbri Group has been awarded the First Prize of the Biopolymer Innovation Award for its Nature Fresh compostable packaging solution.
- The PPMA (Processing and Packaging Machinery Association) has confirmed that its flagship Show will go ahead on 28-30 September 2021.
- Seward, a leader in sample preparation for microbiological analyses, has launched the first paddle blender bag that can also be autoclaved, reducing plastic waste in food microbiology testing processes by up to 50%.
- Nestlé has unveiled prototypes for its Perrier water bottles based on a novel recycling technology.
- Sealed Air has evolved its range of Cryovac brand TM-Ply top and bottom webs (pictured above) and made them recycle-ready.
- Scientists behind Cambridge University spin-out Xampla have developed a method to turn plant protein into a material with the same functionality as plastic that is sustainable and scalable.