Here is your roundup for the latest packaging news. Next week’s roundup will focus on processing.
- Macsa ID UK – leading manufacturer of high performance coding and marking systems – has launched its new iCON 3 small character laser coder, which is being used to mark food bags produced from 100% eco-friendly PVA (Polyvinyl Alcohol).
- Amcor, global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging, has announced plans to build two new state-of-the-art innovation centres in Belgium and China.
- Bottle Up has announced its ongoing UK expansion with Morrisons to bring its innovative, affordable, sustainable sugar cane BPA-free pre-filled water bottles to over 300 of Morrisons stores throughout August.
- Tomra and Gualapack have been working together to prove the recyclability of Gualapack’s first-of-a-kind monomaterial PP spouted pouch through all stages of treatment of a DKR rigid PP waste stream.
- Aldi is set to introduce fully recyclable sandwich packaging as part of a trial with its supplier Greencore.