Round Up: Packaging
Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) is continuing its commitment to reduce the amount of packaging used for its products with a new initiative, launched in partnership with the University of Reading, UK
- A recent survey carried out by Metal Packaging Manufacturers Association has revealed that 92% of students use canned food, but many fail to grasp its nutritional and recycling attributes
- A new film from the Association of European Producers of Steel for Packaging (Apeal) has been launched to highlight the preservation qualities of steel packaging
- Constantia Flexibles has invested approximately €6 million in its packaging facility in Weiden, Gemany to meet demand for laminates with high property barriers for products such as processed food, coffee, dry food and meat
- Sense of taste, smell and feel is directly affected by the packaging a product comes in, according to recent research
- In response to growth in the off trade for the mini keg format, beer brand Hobgoblin is now available in a 5L Ardagh Group beer keg for its Ruby and Gold versions.