Round Up: Packaging
Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coca-Cola European Partners (CCEP) has announced that it will be unveiling a brand refresh as well as a new Sprite Lemon Lime and Cucumber No Sugar variant.
- Metal Packaging Europe has entered into a license agreement with food charity Canstruction.
- Konnekt Smartdrinks has chosen Ardagh’s shaped aluminium bottles to complete its range of wellness beverages.
- Following the recent completion of an investment project, Ardagh has announced that it will now supply two additional beverage ends from its Deeside, UK plant.
- CCEP has unveiled a new £10 million advertising campaign for Diet Coke to support its new brand refresh for 2018.
- Following its commitment to become the first major retailer globally to eliminate plastic packaging from all of its own brand products by the end of 2023, Iceland has revealed that the first ranges to be rolled out as part of the initiative will save a total of 150 tonnes of plastic every year.
- The world’s first plastic-free aisle has been unveiled at an Amsterdam supermarket.
- The Ardagh Group has announced the launch of its mini can format developed for French food manufacturer Bonduelle’s new ‘Touch of’ concept.