Image courtesy of GNT
Here is your roundup for the latest ingredients news. Next week’s roundup will focus on packaging.
- US-based IFF Health has received Non-GMO Project Verified certification for its olive leaf extract clinically shown to support cardiovascular health.
- Belfast-based Bia Analytical Ltd has expanded its laboratory-based food authenticity testing services with two additional spices.
- GNT has extended its range of oil-dispersible Coloring Foods with the launch of a pink shade made from fruit and vegetables.
- Ingredion EMEA has developed an organic instant functional native starch, which can be used in certified organic products.
- Research from Quadram Institute & King’s College London has shown that replacing wheat flour with a new ingredient derived from chickpeas improves the glycaemic response of people eating white bread.