Here is your roundup for the latest ingredients news. Next week’s roundup will focus on packaging.
- Israeli company Salt of the Earth is introducing its all-natural solution for making lentils bites tastier, using less sodium.
- Meelunie GPI A/S is building a factory for extracting plant protein from faba (or fava) beans in Hedensted, Denmark, with a broad partnership of Danish companies supporting the project.
- Puratos UK is launching two new chocolate products containing 40% less sugar, while maintaining the qualities of real Belgian chocolate.
- Imagindairy Ltd, is milking new technology to leave the cow out of the dairy equation by creating true milk proteins that are reportedly indistinguishable from the real thing via a natural process of precision fermentation.
- Arla Foods Ingredients has launched a new concept highlighting the power of whey and milk protein ingredients to create on-trend meal replacements.