Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at email@example.com.
- Origo Glass, a producer and supplier of glass bottles for the craft beer industry, has announced a new product range for craft brewers.
- Wine specialist South Wine Company (SWC) is expanding its range of packaging and is now making its Odyssey brand wines available on the Russian market in aseptic carton packs.
- rlc packaging group has recently started producing eight new chocolate boxes with elaborate finishing for Swiss chocolate brand Cailler by Nestlé.
- Tonic brand Schweppes is revamping its pack design by launching a bold new look to showcase its premium credentials to adult consumers.
- RPC Promens Consumer Nordics has developed a one litre milk bottle made entirely from a non oil based bio polymer produced from sugar cane.
- Actionpoint Packaging has teamed up with Produced in Kent (PinK) as an associate member.
- The national recycling rate for all aluminium packaging stands at 55% and the estimated recycling rate for aluminium drinks cans has reached 69% but the figures could be even higher, suggests the Aluminium Packaging Recycling Organisation (Alupro).