Round Up: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Following several consecutive years of growth, SVZ, provider of processed fruit and vegetable ingredients, is undertaking a three year investment programme at its facility in Almonte, Spain.
- The European Commission has announced €22 million in funding for a new bio-economy research project to be led by Glanbia Ireland.
- Recent research carried out by Ingredion has revealed that the food industry can no longer afford to ignore the influence of technology on consumer buying habits as ‘webrooming’ becomes widespread.
- Direct Food Ingredients is celebrating the launch of its new division dedicated to herbs, spices and natural health ingredients.
- Following the implementation of the Sugar Tax this month, natural flavour creator Omega Ingredients is celebrating a successful year for its 100% natural sugar alternative, ΩMegaSweet and launching its next generation formulation, ΩMegaSweet Extra.
- Research undertaken ahead of Vitafoods Europe suggests that the needs of ageing baby boomers will shape the nutraceutical agenda over the next decade.