Round Up: Processing
Here is your weekly round-up of processing news. Next week’s round-up will focus on Shelf Life news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Valio’s new dairy plant in Riihimäki, Finland is said to reduce energy consumption by approximately 30% compared with existing Valio production facilities.
- A production upgrade has been made by the Petrow Food Group, which has confirmed an investment of £850,000 into a new fruit processing line for its products.
- The challenge group appointed to provide scrutiny to the work of the review into meat cutting plants and cold stores have convened for the first time to oversee the progress made so far.
- Lorien Engineering Solutions has completed a major refurbishment for British pork pie brand Addo Food Group.
- Significant progress has been made by the UK dairy industry in its efforts to reduce its environmental footprint, attendees at the launch of the Dairy Roadmap 10th anniversary report in the House of Commons were told.