NRA 2019 What’s Hot Culinary Forecast
The National Restaurant Association has published its 2019 What’s Hot Culinary Forecast (aka What’s Hot Survey), which reflects contemporary consumer cravings concurrent with emerging societal dining trends.
The Top Ten trends were:
- Cannabis/CBD infused drinks
- Cannabis/CBD infused food
- Zero-waste cooking (elevated cuisine using food scraps)
- Globally inspired breakfast dishes
- Global flavours in kids meals
- Hyper-local (e.g. restaurant gardens, onsite beer brewing, house-made items
New cuts of meat (e.g. shoulder tender, oyster steak, Vegas Strip Steak, Merlot cut)
- Veggie-centric/vegetable-forward cuisine (e.g. fresh produce is star of the dish)
Chef-driven fast-casual concepts
Craft/artisan/locally produced spirits
Read the full report here.