Round Up: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Supplier of juice products and taste solutions Cobell has unveiled an upgraded Beverage Centre of Excellence in Exeter, UK.
- Tate & Lyle has entered into an agreement to acquire a 15% equity holding in privately held global stevia ingredient company Sweet Green Fields.
- Azelis has announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Ingredi AB, effective immediately.
- A scientific study by professor Daniel König and his team at the Department of Sports and Sport Sciences of the University of Freiburg, Germany, has shown that with a pre-load of Palatinose endurance athletes “maintained a more stable blood glucose profile and higher fat oxidation, which resulted in improved cycling performance compared with maltodextrin.”
- Public Health England (PHE) has published the first assessment of progress on the government’s sugar reduction programme, measuring how far the food industry has gone towards reducing the sugar children consume through every day foods.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has released a step-by-step guide, REPLACE, for the elimination of industrially-produced trans-fatty acids from the global food supply.