Here is your weekly round-up of Ingredients news. If you have a news item you would like to submit for next week’s round-up, please contact Carly Wood at email@example.com.
- Bell Flavors and Fragrances has launched a new line of hand crafted beer flavours, ranging from subtle to major hops and from smooth to rich.
- Ulrick & Short has created a clean label ingredient which reduces the fat content of ice cream and other desserts by up to 50 per cent, with no effect on indulgence, taste or mouth feel.
- KleurCraft has launched new orange colour ingredients for healthy and clean label products.
- Wheatgrass is rapidly emerging as a health ingredient in the mainstream food and drinks market, finds Innova Market Insights.
- Calories across the soft drinks category are down by 7.3% over the last three years, according to the latest figures from Kantar Worldpanel.
- The number of people using omega-3 supplements has increased in certain European countries, according to a new study by DSM.
- EFSA has published its scientific opinion on the safety of caffeine, in which it estimates acute and daily intakes that raise no safety concerns for the general healthy population.