Here is your weekly round-up of Ingredients news. If you have a news item you would like to submit for next week’s round-up, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected]
- Frutarom Savory Solutions now offers meat free solutions for the production of vegetarian spreadable toppings for bread, sausage specialties and minced meat dishes.
- Smood has launched five semi finished products made from oats.
- Growing interest in protein content has benefitted the meat snacks market, where many products are naturally high in protein and have made increasing use of high in protein or source of protein claims.
- RSSL has launched a new service for verifying the authenticity of dried oregano, following reports in the press that highlighted instances of adulteration.
- Further to the announcement earlier this year of its work on additional voluntary guidelines, the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) has announced the issuing of a first draft of RSPO Next.
- Lycored has launched a new corporate brand identity. A logo echoing its heritage as a supplier of natural ingredients derived from the tomato is complemented by the slogan ‘cultivating wellness’.
- The transition period for the implementation of the European guidance notes on the classification of food extracts with colouring properties is about to end.
- Global sales of mixed flavour, HPP and cold press products are increasing in an otherwise declining juice market, according to a new report by Canadean.