Round Up: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Natural flavour brand Omega Ingredients has announced the creation of its new natural flavours SigNATURE range.
- ADM Milling has added two seasonal limited edition cake mixes, Zesty Lemon and Zesty Orange to its Bakery Mix portfolio.
- Concern about sugar is on the rise globally, with nearly half of all consumers saying they are more concerned about overall sugar consumption than they were three years ago, according to a new DSM report.
- Meurens Natural, which processes cereals and dried fruits into organic and natural ingredients for the agri-food sector, has invested €15 million ($17.6m) in opening a second production plant in Belgium.
- Supplier of acacia gum, Alland & Robert recently asked polling organisation Toluna to carry out a survey in the USA, UK, Japan and Germany to find out how much consumers know about acacia gum.
- Research institute Campden BRI is inviting companies to join research into the evaluation of viable routes for sugar and fat reduction in chocolate and related products.
- The UK Flavour Association (UKFA) marked its centenary with a gala dinner on 21 September as part of London Flavour Day at Church House, London.
- Ingredients distributor Cornelius Group has joined forces with natural colours business Chr. Hansen to supply the UK and Irish food and drink industry with a range of natural colours.