Here is your weekly round-up of packaging news. Next week’s round-up will focus on processing news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Clondalkin Flexible Packaging Bury has produced the sleeves for a new range of water from the Powerful Water Company.
- French manufacturer Parmentine is offering an alternative to sandwiches in the form of small potatoes in a cup that come with a dip in a variety of flavours.
- A printed, stand up ovenable pouch has been introduced on a new range of frozen, fish based cook in the bag meals for Asda in the UK.
- According to DSM Food Specialties, producers of speciality cheeses can benefit from increased shelf life and more flexibility in their logistics thanks to Pack-Age, a moisture permeable cheese membrane which can be used to pack and preserve natural crust cheeses.
- Polish apple juice producer SOGO has selected a barrier bottle manufactured by RPC Promens Consumer Corby for its not from concentrate drinks.
- The global soft drinks packaging market is expected to exceed €26 billion, growing 4% by 2020, according to a recent report by Technavio.
- Linx Printing Technologies has unveiled a new opaque yellow pigmented ink that promises excellent contrast on both light and dark substrates to ensure effective code visibility across a range of food packaging applications.
- The latest data and in depth information about UK plastics recycling and reprocessing has been published by WRAP.