Round Up: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nestlé and Nuritas have entered into a collaboration aiming at discovering bioactive peptide networks within specific target areas of significant value.
- According a recent Mintel report, one in ten people avoid gluten and 15% of households avoid gluten and wheat; more than half because they believe it’s part of a healthy diet.
- Barry Callebaut has introduced a sensory language and tasting ritual that will help chocolate professionals and consumers to understand and express the richness of chocolate taste.
- Inclusions specialist Pecan Deluxe Candy (Europe) has announced that its £3 million factory extension is due for completion in October 2018.
- Cargill and its Danish potato starch partner, AKV Langholt AmbA, are investing $22.5 million (€19m) in a new potato starch production unit at its Langholt facility in Denmark.
- The Swiss Platform for Sustainable Cocoa has been launched with Barry Callebaut as one of the founding members.
- Bank Leumi, the London-based subsidiary of Israel’s international bank, has closed a £14.75 million loan to global flavours and natural fine ingredients company, Frutarom.