ROUND-UP: Shelf Life
Here is your weekly round-up of shelf life news. Next week’s round-up will focus on ingredient news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pork Farms has extended its Wall’s Pastry range with the launch of two new 150g hot pies – Chicken & Mushroom and Steak.
- Empire Bespoke Foods is collaborating with Tabasco Pepper Sauce to launch a duo of Tabasco popcorns – Sweet Chilli Cheese and Sweet Chilli BBQ.
- The UK functional foods category is set for a new arrival in the shape of Vetta High Fibre Pasta.
- Burts Chips has launched Lentil Waves, marking the brand’s first entry into the alternative snacks sector.
- Steenbergs has added new flavours to its relaunched herbal tea range, which now comes in new environmentally friendly tea boxes.
- Newly launched natural food brand Nutrii is introducing protein packed and virtually fat free quark products to the UK market.
- GLORIOUS! Foods has added three new limited edition flavours to its range of fresh soup pots: Moroccan Spiced Chicken, Mexican Tomato & Fire Roasted Pepper and Cuban Creamed Corn.
Amongst the new products arriving to the snacking sector in the wake excessive sugar consumption warnings is Nothing But’s freeze dried fruit and vegetable snack packs.