INGREDIENTS: Weekly round-up
Here is your weekly round-up of Ingredients news. If you have a news item you would like to submit for next week’s round-up, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Snacks that are healthy, tasty and easy to consume are set to shape the future of how people eat and drink, according to Arla Foods Ingredients.
- EHL Ingredients has launched two new seasonal stuffing mixes to bring a new twist to traditional blends and spice up festive fare, Christmas dinners and accompaniments.
- As spice is such an essential ingredient across Indian cuisine, emerging trends and new developments are often overlooked in a market that initially seems saturated.
- The European Commission has authorised an Article 14 EFSA health claim, submitted by DSM, stating that vitamin D helps to lower the risk of falling associated with postural instability and muscle weakness.
- Sensus research has revealed that inulin can replace sucrose in food recipes, providing new opportunities for food manufacturers to create tasty, healthy products that consumers demand.
- A new report from Leatherhead Food Research has revealed that the global market for food and drinks offering functional health benefits continues to increase in size.
- Arla Foods Ingredients has developed a whey protein for creating yogurt-based sports nutrition products to appeal to active consumers who prefer not to use traditional gels and shakes.
- The Food Standards Agency has published a nationwide snapshot survey on a cross-section of pre-packed processed foods both with and without allergen advisory labelling.