Round Up: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Flavours and fragrance specialist Givaudan has completed the acquisition of Vika B.V.
- Global colour manufacturer Roha has acquired specialist powder producer New Foods Industry S.p.A; this is the third acquisition for Roha in 2017.
- Chocolate producer Barry Callebaut has joined sugarcane platform, Bonsucro.
- Mintel research commissioned by PureCircle shows that the use of stevia in food and beverage products is increasing.
- The British Retail Consortium (BRC) and the Food and Drink Federation (FDF) have launched an appeal to food and drink suppliers to identify sugar alternatives as a nationwide effort to improve consumers’ health.
- In response to an increasing consumer demand for meat snacks, Corbion has developed a clean-label antimicrobial solution for the meat industry.
- Royal FrieslandCampina has announced that as of 1 January 2018 it will be splitting its organisation into four global business groups: Consumer Dairy, Specialised Nutrition, Ingredients and Basic Dairy.
- Arla Foods Ingredients has launched a new Pure Dairy campaign to highlight how its range of Nutrilac dairy ingredients satisfies growing consumer demand for natural products.
- ADM Milling, a business unit of Archer Daniels Midland Company has extended its portfolio of flours and bakery ingredients with the launch of its new multiseed concentrate with ancient grains in the UK.