Here is your weekly round-up of Ingredients news. If you have a news item you would like to submit for next week’s round-up, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Tapping into consumers’ desire for ‘good’ carbs and healthier snacks, the use of sprouted grains is a small but fast growing niche.
- Ingredion’s new natural foaming agent Foamation Q 200 delivers improved foam stability and high quality froth textures to a range of non-alcoholic beverages.
- Low FODMAP diets, increasingly spicy foods and super healthy ‘convenience’ ingredients are set for a surge in popularity in 2015, according to EHL Ingredients.
- Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients (LCI) has launched Westhove LimaLin Gold, a new, natural flour that is rich in omega-3.
- Frutarom BU Health has launched EFLAsense, a new line of all natural liquid extracts with sensory properties to boost flavour and health benefits in products such as beverages, confectionery, dairy, bakery and liquid dietary supplements.
- Sensient Food Colors Europe has developed proprietary technology in the extraction of spirulina blue that complies with both new EU guidance notes and FDA quality specifications.
- Snowbird Foods has enhanced its range of ingredients for ready meals manufacturers with the launch of two new cooked and frozen products.
- Cert ID Europe, the authority on non-GM traceability certification, has launched the first IP certification programme featuring PCR testing protocols to detect cross-contamination of soy in sunflower lecithin destined for food production, and in particular, chocolate, confectionery and bakery.
- Evolva and Cargill have signed an agreement to co-develop a sustainable, customisable, and cost effective fermentation production process for a second family of high value food and beverage ingredients.
- According to a new Canadean report, consumers seek products that suit their hectic lifestyles, influencing $314 billion of food and beverage consumption in 2013.
- Three quarters of the breakfast cereal launches recorded by Innova Market Insights over the 12 months to the end of October 2014 had a health positioning of some kind.