Here is your weekly round-up of Ingredients news. If you have a news item you would like to submit for next week’s round-up, please contact Carly Wood at email@example.com.
- New Mintel research reveals that almost three in ten (28%) users of sugar and sweeteners in Germany believe stevia is good for their health, however, more education is needed by stevia brands if usage is to increase.
- Edible oils and fats manufacturer AAK UK has teamed up with Hull University’s Department of Chemistry to develop lower fat products.
- There has been mixed response to the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition’s (SACN) final report on carbohydrates.
- Pecan Deluxe Candy has launched a new range of popping candy inclusions, perfect for ice cream, bakery and chilled and frozen desserts, as well as cocktail drinks.
- Cargill has launched a new instant starch for improved texture in sauces, soups and condiments.
- Flavours house Unbar Rothon is challenging food manufacturers to spice up their autumn offer with a new range of flavours for meatballs and stuffings.