Here is your weekly round-up of ingredients news. Next week’s round-up will focus on packaging news. To submit an item for inclusion, please contact Carly Wood at [email protected].
- Archer Daniels Midland Company has introduced Onavita, a fully refined, non GMO flaxseed oil that provides a cost effective solution for customers looking to add an on trend, heart healthy ingredient to their latest food innovations.
- Kibbled toffee coated popcorn inclusions have been developed by Pecan Deluxe Candy (Europe) to bring a tasty twist to bakery products, a counterpoint to smooth ice cream and a crunch to beverages.
- Synergy Flavours has introduced Synergy Pure, a portfolio of natural essences, extracts and concentrates, to the European market.
- Thew Arnott is offering a new portfolio of palm-free emulsifiers.
- Frutarom Health has introduced CitrOlive, a patented natural ingredient which combines a synergetic action of a formulation of olive and citrus extracts backed by extensive research of key phytochemicals, polyphenols and flavonoids.
- With the European Commission amending its current steviol glycocide specifications on 3 November 2016, Cargill says European food and beverage companies will be able to rely on the broader portfolio of its ViaTech stevia sweeteners to help them achieve optimal sweetness and dramatic sugar reductions.
- The scheduled abolition of the EU sugar production quota by October 2017 does not necessarily guarantee a low sugar price in the bloc, finds a new Rabobank report.