ROUND UP: Ingredients
Here is your weekly round-up of Ingredients news. If you have a news item you would like to submit for next week’s round-up, please contact Carly Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Future Market Insights’ (FMI’s) recent report Global Stevia Market – Market Analysis and Opportunity Assessment, 2014 – 2020 focuses on emerging regions and delivers insights into the global stevia market.
- Cargill has signed a partnership agreement to support Mondelēz International’s Cocoa Life programme, which strengthens both companies’ commitment to improving the livelihoods of cocoa farmers and to investing in a sustainable future for cocoa.
- Frutarom Savory Solutions’ new range of marinades includes Bali, Sereh and Delikata flavours, designed to enhance fish and meat dishes.
- FMC Corporation’s Health and Nutrition division has introduced its new lineup of alginate-based sausage casing solutions for use in all major types of coextrusion sausage making equipment.
- Ingredion has introduced ten new pulse-based flours to enable food manufacturers and retailers to produce new food products that are highly nutritious, protein fortified and certified gluten-free.
- The Barry Callebaut Group has been awarded patent EP 2 152 091 on its reduced fat chocolate by the European Patent Office.
- Tate & Lyle has launched Dolcia Prima low calorie sugar, its newest ingredient aiming to transform the way the food and beverage industry develops low or reduced calorie products.
- With Easter just around the corner, EHL Ingredients has created a new mint, garlic and rosemary marinade, designed to complement spring lamb cuts and give a new twist to traditional Easter foods.
- To overcome the problems associated with producing gluten-free pasta – such as stickiness of the final product after cooking and the inclusion of additives such as modified starches or gums – Limagrain Céréales Ingrédients (LCI) collaborated with the Italian University of Foggia to create Westhove Maize 23.